Thursday, September 6, 2007

A sudden Glimpse

On the way to my place of work
I glimpsed at a poor girl sitting on the footpath.
With untidy dress and unconditoned hair,
with a stray pup in her lap.
Girl is cuddling the pup.
Pup is wagging its tails
and licking the girls face.
Both are sharing the lighter moments
and soothing each other
out of their hardened lives.
Both are rejected to road.
Both are unaware where each other came from.
Both are unaware of their destinies.
The sudden glimpse devoured all the day
and all the times I pass by the same way.

3 comments:

Satish said...

It's one without a picture, but you did draw the scene with words.

cd said...

Some glimpses never leave you, do they?

Those moments - good or bad, sad or happy - like a moment stilled in time...

Unknown said...

Nice poem..!! it is very simple and sensitive..!! I can feel the scene before my eyes